With the popularity of YouTube and other hot video hosting sites such as Vimeo, you don’t want to be left behind in this hot marketing trend. Restaurants know competition is fierce. One of the best ways is to jump on the viral video bandwagon to market your restaurant.
Video marketing campaigns are literally “in your face” marketing that can be promoted on your blog, social media, YouTube, etc. People don’t have time to read long-drawn out blog posts and articles. By implementing short, concise videos that market your services and products to customers, you are able to share your information quickly to your targeted customers and prospects.
How can video marketing pack a big punch with restaurant customers?
- People don’t have a lot of time to read these days…AND they have short attention spans. It only takes a few seconds to either turn them ON or OFF to your message. Video is a fast attention-grabber and engages people quickly. If you can catch them with innovative videos right from the start, they’ll keep coming back for more. Videos are not only for entertainment purposes but they also make great educational tools. “How to” videos are popular these days. Want to show your customers how to make sushi or what goes into your signature cocktail? Impress them with video tutorials and show them it’s easy.
- Make yourself the star! You don’t need to hire celebrity chefs to promote your restaurant. Star in your own video. What better way to promote your business than by sticking a friendly face in front of the camera.
If customers can’t trust you, then who can they trust? Videos make people feel comfortable and at ease. When you show off your culinary and restaurant expertise in front of the camera, people will associate your face with your restaurant brand, services and products.
- Instantly spread your viral video message via social media. Use social media and make sure to create a Facebook company page for your restaurant (you can include your video on your page!) Videos are a fun and easy way to start the conversation about your services and products on social media.
- Remember to always include your restaurant’s website and/or blog link in the video’s profile information. You want people to be able to find and connect with you. What’s the point of creating a marketing video if people can’t track you down for further information about your menu, operating hours, etc.?
- Keep your video short and to the point. You don’t want to bore people so much that they immediately click off the video –the kiss of marketing death! Use humor and be creative -- make your video fun and engaging. You want the video to be both entertaining and professional, but don’t come across stiff and robotic either.
Don’t forget SEO (search engine optimization). Optimize your videos with relevant keywords in video tags (i.e. use Google keywords tool – it’s free!) You don’t have to break the bank to produce an entertaining video that people will enjoy.
Be patient with your campaign because video marketing take a while to catch on and spread on social networks and video sharing sites. But once they do, viral videos are an efficient marketing tool that your customers will love…and you might just see more customers walking through your door in the near future.