As we know, AVI is a common container format for digital video. This video format has been around for a number of years and is no longer the most streamlined format for digital video.
While MKV is a newer and more efficient digital video storage format, resulting in smaller file sizes for video and audio of the same quality.
So, it is necessary for us to convert AVI to MKV if you want to save space and make a more streamlined digital video file. In this article, we will introduce a professional AVI to MKV converter to you and will teach you how to convert AVI to MKV step by step.
The Brief Introduction of AVI and MKV
AVI: Audio Video Interleave, known by its acronym AVI, is a container format widely used by Microsoft's Video for Windows multimedia framework. It is a popular and classic video format and it is supported in Windows and even some standalone DVD players, What's more, it is also suitable for certain formats like DV. Although it has a lot of advantages and very popular with the users, it is still lack of some features that some newer container formats have like MKV. So some users still want to convert this video format to other video format, like converting AVI to MKV.
MKV: MKV is a new and popular video format. This kind of video format has a lot of new features that the former video formats doesn't have. MKV is an open source container format and it contains compressed video and audio streams along with an encoder. It is a general-purpose audio and video container.
MKV is really a new and good video format that is worth for you to choose and there is no doubt that why there are some people ask how to convert AVI to MKV.
How to Choose a good AVI to WKV Converter
It seems to us that it is easy for us to know how to convert AVI to MKV, what we need is just a related AVI to MKV converter, actually, we need concern more, like how to choose a good related video converter. Here are some main factors that we should pay attention to when choosing this kind of video converter.
1. Converting function: A good one should has powerful converting functions, which include converted video's quality and converting speed.
2. Security problem: If this kind of video converter has virus or some unsafe factors, our PC may be attacked by it.
3. Operation problem: As a video converter, it should have easy operation, because we do not want to buy a video converter to research, we just want to use it help us convert video or audio files.
4. Parameter settings: A video file or a audio file must have a corresponding setting of parameter, a good video converter should provide this function to the users so that users can manage their videos or audios themselves.
The Steps of Converting AVI to MKV
After knowing how to choose a good AVI to MKV converter, now it is time for us to know the steps of converting AVI to MKV. Here are the general processes of converting AVI to MKV.
1. Download a good AVI to MKV converter
2. Add your AVI video file
3. Choose MKV in the profile combo box as the output video format
4. Set the parameters of the video that you want to get
5. Click Start to convert!
6. Finish converting and enjoy your converted MKV video.
Here is a good related video converter that I can recommend to you; it is Video Converter Factory Pro, it is just the good video converter that you find to convert AVI to MKV, it has all the advantages mentioned above, and its price is lower compared with other related video converters. You will surely enjoy more when using this video converter.